[dns-operations] Strange goings on with two domains

Bill Owens owens at nysernet.org
Mon Oct 22 12:14:48 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 09:11:59AM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 06:06:13PM -0400,
>  Bill Owens <owens at nysernet.org> wrote
>  a message of 16 lines which said:
>
> > So the registry-NetSol
>
> NetSol (Network Solutions) is not the registry of .com for... how
> many... ten years?

Sorry - obviously I don't pay enough attention to the corporate organizational side of the DNS world. . .

Incidentally, the hosting company never did say why the original change had taken place, but after two days sent their customers an email telling them to change their nameservers, exactly as was suggested by a couple of folks here. Unfortunately the person I was trying to help decided to wait for the company to tell him something, with the result that he was off the air for two days longer than he had to be. Oh well.

Thanks,
Bill.