[dns-operations] DNS in iPhone 5

Ralf Weber Ralf.Weber at nominum.com
Tue Oct 2 09:29:48 UTC 2012

Moin!

On 02.10.2012, at 10:58, Patrik Wallström <pawal at blipp.com> wrote:

> I am not convinced by their conclusion. Has anybody here any clue what is going on? Is it related to their attempt at doing something with DNSSEC?
I guess it's more related to IPv6 as it uses a link local address for the DNS server which seemed to be configured by SLAAC as my DHCP server didn't give it out. If this server/proxy has problems and the phone has to wait for the timeout before continuing to the other configured server that could be the reason for the slowness.

I will monitor my phones DNS for some time and report if I see something DNSSEC like (which I doubt).

So long
-Ralf
---
Ralf Weber