[dns-operations] Comparing TCP and UDP response times of root name servers

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Nov 21 14:19:02 UTC 2012

John Kristoff <jtk at cymru.com> wrote:

> Any ideas on when we might expect to see some DNS implementations
> support DNS over DCCP, if ever?  It might be quite handy in lieu of the
> ongoing DoS nuisance.  If not, why not?  Technical barriers, funding
> issues or lack of demand perhaps?

I doubt it would provide any advantage compared to DNS over TCP.

You can't fix an attack by inviting the attackers to change to a more
well-behaved protocol.

Tony.
Forties, Cromarty: East, veering southeast, 4 or 5, occasionally 6 at first.
Rough, becoming slight or moderate. Showers, rain at first. Moderate or good,
occasionally poor at first.