[dns-operations] The (very) uneven distribution of DNS root servers on the Internet

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Thu May 17 17:02:51 UTC 2012

Warren,

On May 17, 2012, at 9:50 AM, Warren Kumari wrote:
>> Do any of these cover all instances of all root servers?
> Not as far as I know, but they cover enough to give you a picture of what's happening…

Right. My point was that due to the various business/political/philosophical environments of the root operators we already do (a form of) sampling. This would continue to be the case in a slaved root model, albeit the level of sampling would depend on the arrangements (what is specified in agreements/contracts/eulas/HOWTOs/etc.) made.

Regards,
-drc