[dns-operations] The (very) uneven distribution of DNS root servers on the Internet

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Tue May 15 13:27:57 UTC 2012

On May 15, 2012, at 4:57 AM, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 07:28:54AM +0000,
> Michele Neylon :: Blacknight <michele at blacknight.ie> wrote
> a message of 43 lines which said:
>
>> That article and those graphics will be used and abused in hundreds
>> of other articles. So anything that's wrong will become part of the
>> collective memory ..
>
> That's why it is important that people who Know comment Intelligently
> on the blog (you do not need a Pingdom account, it works with
> Twitter.evil, Facebook.evil and OpenID.open accounts).

Personally I think this is the wrong  approach -- this was published a little over a week ago, and (AFAIK) has only gotten any attention on a few DNS-geeky lists...
Most of the comments came in when the article was first published, if no-one had poked the troll it would be asleep again....

Simply ignoring it (and not drawing attention to it) seems like we may be able to avoid the whole trying to beat history and clue into folk who are not going to be able to grok it.