[dns-operations] dns-operations at lists.dns-oarc.net

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Mon May 7 19:45:25 UTC 2012

On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 07:27:49PM +0100, Steven Carr wrote:
> I think you'll probably find that, averaged out over say a period of 1
> hour, an active user will perform at least 1 query every 1-2 seconds.

Given the 'duty cycle' of a broadband connection, these numbers are not wide
of the one every 5-10 seconds mentioned below.

> Then don't forget IPv6, most of the new browsers already send a query for
> AAAA at the same time they query for A.

I've seen Chrome send out queries while typing a URL for partial domain
names.  I'm not quite sure how queries for 'd' 'dns' 'dns-o' 'dna-oarc'
'dns-oarc.net' help though.

	Bert