[dns-operations] question for DNS being attacked

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Thu Jun 28 20:50:44 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 09:41:03AM +0800,
 pangj <pangj at riseup.net> wrote
 a message of 20 lines which said:

> My named service got 1GB or more incoming traffic of attack
> recently.

One gigabyte/s is quite serious and I'm afraid no solution on your
name server will help (it is too late). Can you ask your upstream
provider(s) to filter them? It requires two things (not always easy):

* a willing upstream provider
* a pattern of the attack that could be used (such as a specified
  bistring: if the packets are too diverse, you cannot use this
  solution).