[dns-operations] dns response rate limiting (DNS RRL) patch available for testing

Ken A ka at pacific.net
Tue Jun 12 14:33:58 UTC 2012

On a authoritative + recursive server, instead of a separate view, we use:
acl "trusted" { x.x.x.x/z; };
allow-recursion { trusted; };

Is there any way to apply this patch so that it does not affect a
specific acl, such as "trusted" addresses?

Or, is it recommended/required that we configure separate views to use this?

Thanks,
Ken

On 6/11/2012 4:56 PM, Paul Vixie wrote:
> Vernon Schryver and Paul Vixie have been working on DNS Response Rate
> Limiting (DNS RRL) as a patch set to BIND9 (9.9.1-P1 or 9.8.3-P1) and we
> are ready for broader external testing.
>
> Details on how to fetch the patches and specifications are at:
>
>      http://www.redbarn.org/dns/ratelimits
>
> A note for earlier private testing -- that web page now includes patched
> BIND9 Windows executables.
>
> vix&  vjs

Ken Anderson
Pacific Internet - http://www.pacific.net