[dns-operations] DNSSEC DANE testing

paul vixie paul at redbarn.org
Tue Jul 31 18:10:02 UTC 2012

On 7/31/2012 5:16 PM, $SOMEBODY wrote:
> But until browsers support $X to the same level they support $Y, there's little benefit.  I'd like to see it happen, just not holding my breath.

ok so i'm glad to hear that you are not holding your breath. but nobody
is asking for that.

for all values of $X (DNSSEC and IPv6 come to mind, along with EDNS) it
is necessary that each person in the technology field known as "the
internet" decide whether they're going to help make it happen ... or not.

if you're going to help make it happen then the fact of "no short term
benefit" is irrelevant and need not be spoken.

if you're not going to help make it happen then "no short term benefit"
is just whining, and again, need not be spoken.

i remember when there was no short term benefit to tcp/ip. fortunately,
somebody made it happen anyway.

paul