[dns-operations] thoughts on DNSSEC

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Wed Jul 18 17:08:05 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 12:59:28PM -0400, WBrown at e1b.org wrote:
> Vernon Schryver <vjs at rhyolite.com> wrote on 07/18/2012 12:30:12 PM:
>
> >  - I've the impression from this thread that Network Solutions
> >     offers "send mail."
>
> I was told Monday, 16 July, by a support drone at Network Solutions that
> they do not support DNSSEC.

It seems to me that registrants are in a position to make
determinations about the extent of a regisrtar's actual support of
DNSSEC on the basis of their interface support and the claims of their
support staff.  The ICANN pages are surely a good place to start, but
only to start.

(Full disclosure: Dyn pays for such services as I am able to render to
them, and Dyn is a registrar that supports DNSSEC.)

Best,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com