[dns-operations] register nameservers in different TLD's NS

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Mon Jul 16 19:37:54 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-16, at 11:21, Mark Jeftovic wrote:

> Sorry, I mispoke when I said glue record. It's not a glue record that
> needs to exist, BUT there does need to be a nameserver defined for that
> hostname at the registry before you can delegate a .com or .net domain
> to it.

For even more clarity, it's perhaps worth mentioning that in gTLDs this is mainly an artifact of the EPP data model (which itself inherited aspects from earlier data models).

Registries (e.g. ccTLD registries) which take other approaches might not need the registration of a host object (or equivalent, in their model).

Joe