[dns-operations] How to transfer DS records to parent zone?

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Fri Jul 13 21:36:07 UTC 2012

Em 13/07/2012, às 18:19:000, Jason Gurtz escreveu:

> My parent is .com and in searching around I found a whole lot about what a
> DS record is, but nil on the operational aspects of it.
>
> May a zone administrator transfer their DS record to the parent zone to
> establish the chain of trust, or is it such that only the registrar can do
> this on behalf of the zone admin? My registrar's doc is saying something
> about working with Tucows openHRS platform to enable this transfer but not
> yet and use dlv...
>
> I guess I'm looking for some process at Verisign similar to the nice
> little dlv registry thingy that ICS set up (which is working splendidly,
> thanks) :)

ICANN has a list of DNSSEC-enabled registrars here:
https://www.icann.org/en/news/in-focus/dnssec/deployment

For .com, they list AB Name, Domaininfo, Gandi, GoDaddy, Key-Systems, OVH and SinnerG as registrars you could transfer your domain to and then upload  a DS record.

Note that Verisign doesn't have process to deal directly with registrants, they only interface to registrars.

Rubens