[dns-operations] How to transfer DS records to parent zone?

Jason Gurtz jasongurtz at npumail.com
Fri Jul 13 21:19:08 UTC 2012

My parent is .com and in searching around I found a whole lot about what a
DS record is, but nil on the operational aspects of it.

May a zone administrator transfer their DS record to the parent zone to
establish the chain of trust, or is it such that only the registrar can do
this on behalf of the zone admin? My registrar's doc is saying something
about working with Tucows openHRS platform to enable this transfer but not
yet and use dlv...

I guess I'm looking for some process at Verisign similar to the nice
little dlv registry thingy that ICS set up (which is working splendidly,
thanks) :)

~JasonG