[dns-operations] Queries for isc.org/ANY/IN

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Wed Jan 18 00:02:03 UTC 2012

On 1/17/2012 11:24 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:
> In message <4F156A27.800 at pernau.at>, Klaus Darilion writes:
>> PS: Sending spoofed ICMP packets to www.isc.org works fine
> Perhap you should let the list know who your ISP is so we can all
> know NOT to purchase services from them.  You should be insisting
> that your ISP protect you from their other customers pretending to
> be you.

that's not realistic. you can at best ask your isp to protect their
competitor's customers from you; not a solid proposition.

those of you who find BCP 38 too hard to explain to your bosses are
welcome to try again with SAC 004 which was written with bosses in mind.
online at <http://www.icann.org/en/committees/security/sac004.txt>.
almost ten years old and still as accurate as the day it was written.