[dns-operations] problem reverse dns resolve 212.186.228.42

Michael Monnerie michael.monnerie at is.it-management.at
Fri Jan 13 11:12:49 UTC 2012

Helo,

we have 2 DNS servers in 2 different datacenters, running since years
without problem. So I think it's not a problem from us, that both our
DNS cannot resolve a simple
# dig -x 212.186.228.42

We just get a timeout, but when I try from different internet accesses,
I get a resolve:
42.228.186.212.in-addr.arpa. 86400 IN   PTR     vcoe-exchange.vcoe.at.

Can someone show me where to search for the problem?

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Michael Monnerie, Ing. BSc

Tel: +43 660 / 415 6531