[dns-operations] bnl.gov

Bill Owens owens at nysernet.org
Wed Jan 4 20:05:43 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 11:04:37AM -0800, Craig Leres wrote:
> Does anybody have a contact for BNL? Their zone is not signed with any
> of the keys found in gov. This has been broken for at least 24 hours
> now. I called their help desk yesterday around 1:30pm PST but I guess I
> wasn't able to convey how serious this issue is.

I happen to have a contact at BNL and just spoke with him - they became aware of the problem from your email yesterday and opened a ticket with the .gov admins to have the DS record updated, but it hasn't been done yet (obviously). He also mentioned that there's an 'automatic' setting for this, something I hadn't heard of before, but bnl.gov is not set up that way.

At any rate, they do know, and they are taking it seriously, but at this point they're waiting for the fix. . .

Bill.