[dns-operations] bnl.gov

Michael Sinatra michael at rancid.berkeley.edu
Wed Jan 4 19:52:11 UTC 2012

On 01/04/12 11:31, Casey Deccio wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Craig Leres <leres at ee.lbl.gov
> <mailto:leres at ee.lbl.gov>> wrote:
>
>     Does anybody have a contact for BNL? Their zone is not signed with any
>     of the keys found in gov. This has been broken for at least 24 hours
>     now. I called their help desk yesterday around 1:30pm PST but I guess I
>     wasn't able to convey how serious this issue is.
>

> Looks like a bad KSK rollover.
>
> I sent email yesterday morning to the last DNS contact I had for them,
> but I haven't heard anything back.  I'll see if I can dig up another
> contact.

I looked at this last night, and I agree with Casey's diagnosis.

I'll send email from ESnet's mail servers (which can use a DNS server
that's secondary for bnl.gov so it won't get validation failures) for
the DNS contact that ESnet has.  We can see if that helps, but there may
be vacation or other issues slowing resolution down.  I'll try to make
sure that the severity of the issue is conveyed to them.

michael