[dns-operations] BIND 9.7 was Re: what nameserver software have you been using?

Sebastian Wiesinger dns-operations at ml.karotte.org
Mon Dec 17 15:37:28 UTC 2012

* Evan Hunt <each at isc.org> [2012-12-14 18:04]:
> > I bet that the omission is just an oversight.  As far as I know 9.7 is
> > still alive and kicking.
>
> No, 9.7 has reached the end of its development life, we're not adding
> any further bug fixes to it, 9.7.7 was the end of the line.

The think is, new BIND versions on Debian are rare, and you're
shipping/building a lot of libs and tools with many dependencies so
building own packages is complicated.

The next(!) stable version of Debian (wheezy) will have bind 9.8(!).

I would LOVE an official packaged version (or give me the source with
a debian/ subdir*).

Regards

Sebastian

*) Yes, I know that this is frowned upon.

--
GPG Key: 0x93A0B9CE (F4F6 B1A3 866B 26E9 450A  9D82 58A2 D94A 93A0 B9CE)
            -- Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant