[dns-operations] Anyone still using a Sun/Oracle SCA6000 with OpenSSL?

Daniel Stirnimann daniel.stirnimann at switch.ch
Mon Aug 13 13:41:16 UTC 2012

> 	1) can it do SHA256?

SHA1, SHA256 is supported and enabled by default.
We currently use SHA1 and I tested SHA256 support.

Btw. support for SHA512 needs to be specifically enabled (not verified
by myself):

"Enabling Optional Cryptographic Algorithms

The following algorithms are not enabled by default to maximize performance.

SHA-512
RC2 CBC
Multi-part MD5
Multi-part SHA1
Multi-part SHA512
HMAC (MD5 or SHA1)
Enable these algorithms as needed by adding entries to
/kernel/drv/mca.conf file. One example for enabling certain algorithms
is to use them with sensitive keys protected by the board.

Enable the SHA-512 Algorithm
Add enable-sha512=1; to the /kernel/drv/mca.conf file."

Reference:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19321-01/820-4144-12/3_admin.html#50589763_pgfId-1034553

Regards,
Daniel