[dns-operations] Anyone still using a Sun/Oracle SCA6000 with OpenSSL?

George Michaelson ggm at apnic.net
Mon Aug 13 01:10:02 UTC 2012

Could anyone who is still using an Oracle/Sun SCA6000 card please contact me off-list.

I am doing device comparisons, and need to confirm some behaviours with OpenSSL Engine

	1) can it do SHA256?

	2) whats the effective sign rate when you have 10,000 to 20,000 keypairs or is the key volume irrelevant?

	3) although not EOL, I am not seeing an increase in platforms: Its Solaris, or RedHat Officially. no BSD.

Sorry to (ab)use the list, but information from google and other searches suggest little movement since 2009/2010 timeframes and information on the product is hard to find.

Even post-Oracle, it has a significant price advantage compared to HSM which have this key volume built in.

-George