[dns-operations] Side effects of enabling DNSSEC?

Mohamed Lrhazi ml623 at georgetown.edu
Fri Aug 3 03:07:51 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am learning DNSSEC and was wondering if there was any side effects
to enabling DNSSEC on a domain, if there were mistakes in the
configuration?

In other words, if I were to enable DNSSEC on a zone, and miss something,
could I effect anything other than DNSSEC validation itself? and if I did
effect it, how bad would that be? and also, how would you go about testing
that everything is working fine once enabled?

I guess I should ask the same question about side effects when there are no
configuration mistakes at all :) Should I expect anything to break because
now DNSSEC is enabled and working?

Thanks a lot,
Mohamed.