[dns-operations] DNS benchmark platform @ OARC

Ondřej Surý ondrej.sury at nic.cz
Fri Apr 13 13:13:05 UTC 2012

Hi all,

as you might (or might not) know we now have our own authoritative
DNS server implementation - Knot DNS.

We often need to have nice graphs in slides, so we do performance
benchmarks of our DNS server and others.  The problem is that any
"statistics" made by vendor can be biased (and the bias doesn't
have to be intentional, it could be just caused by certain way of
thinking).

So we were thinking that DNS-OARC would be ideal platform to prepare
methodology for measuring DNS servers performace and it could also do
the tests as an "independent" laboratory.

As I know that DNS-OARC lacks resources I propose that we can start
by preparing some kickstart document and then make this as a collaborative
effort to prepare methodology which would be objective.

Thoughts?

O.
--
 Ondřej Surý