[dns-operations] RFC 6382: Unique Per-Node Origin ASNs for Globally Anycasted Services

Danny McPherson danny at tcb.net
Tue Oct 25 09:44:23 UTC 2011

On Oct 25, 2011, at 5:37 AM, Joao Damas wrote:

> true, in which case the B in BCP is not necessarily so and this would have been better addressed as a white paper from the operators

[in parallel elsewhere]

Joao,
And as discussed on the list BCPs of this sort are not mutually exclusive, and even this document indicates this.  If you believe your deployment model has merit write it up and take it to the IETF for consideration.

In general, the operations community needs to do a better job of consumer-centric detection, measurement and controls, in both the services and routing system.  I think we should all welcome anything to help improve upon the current situation.

-danny