[dns-operations] DNSSEC and ANY query

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Oct 5 12:39:24 UTC 2011

Edward Lewis <Ed.Lewis at neustar.biz> wrote:
> At 14:17 -0700 10/4/11, Mark Pettit wrote:
>
> > I'm starting to think Phreebird is full of bugs.
>
> I'd agree (to the extent that I have no hands-on experience with Phreebird).

To be fair to Dan Kaminsky, Phreebird includes a HACKING.txt file which
lists several serious bugs, and he makes it clear that it cannot be used
in production.
https://github.com/jas88/phreebird/blob/master/HACKING.txt

If you want bump-in-the-wire zone signing, you can do it with PowerDNSSEC
http://doc.powerdns.com/dnssec-modes.html#dnssec-frontserver
and you will soon be able to do it wint BIND 9.9's inline-signing feature.

Tony.
South-east Iceland: Westerly veering northwesterly 4 or 5, veering northerly 6
to gale 8 later. Rough or very rough. Showers. Good, occasionally poor.