[dns-operations] DNAME interoperability

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Nov 30 00:21:18 UTC 2011

Edward Lewis <Ed.Lewis at neustar.biz> wrote:

> But all of the variations are coherent so there's no operational
> evidence this is a problem.
>
> (I've kept this terse.  Saying BIND and NSD differ shouldn't be taken as
> "the sky is falling" it's a case of two popular implementations doing
> slightly different things.)
>
> Is this what you had in mind?

I was hoping for more in the way of unexpected operational consequences.
There has not been much of that in the discussion of aliasing for IDNs.

Tony.
North Utsire, South Utsire: Westerly backing southerly 6 to gale 8, perhaps
severe gale 9 later. Very rough, occasionally high in North Utsire. Rain or
squally showers. Good, occasionally poor.