[dns-operations] Announcing the availability of 'validns', a DNS and DNSSEC zone file validator

Anton Berezin tobez at tobez.org
Mon May 16 19:56:15 UTC 2011

Tony,

[Back to the list]

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 04:50:26PM +0100, Tony Finch wrote:
> Anton Berezin <tobez at tobez.org> wrote:
>
> > I would like to announce the availability of 'validns'.
>
> Cool!
>
> I tried it out on the cam.ac.uk zone, which is signed and has nearly
> 200,000 records. I found a couple of bugs.

I believe that all things you've noticed are now fixed:

- empty non-terminals and non-authoritative records are
  not considered a part of the NSEC chain anymore;
- non-standard rdtypes are now supported;
- PTR is supported as well.

Cheers,
\Anton.
--
Our society can survive even a large amount of irrational regulation.
  -- John McCarthy