[dns-operations] Short NS record names

Matt Larson mlarson at verisign.com
Wed May 11 15:26:30 UTC 2011

#2 above isn't a disadvantage, per se, but has implications to be
aware of: depending on your registry's business rules, it's possible
that these A/AAAA RRs will be the only authoritative such records in
your entire zone (aside from the SOA and apex NS RRset).  If you have
a custom signing and/or resolution platform, those A/AAAA records
become an exception that you have to deal with, i.e., the zone no
longer consists only of SOA, apex NS and delegations.

That being said, I think it's a good idea.

Matt