[dns-operations] iVenue and CommunityDNS.

Matthew Pounsett matt at conundrum.com
Fri Mar 25 15:34:08 UTC 2011

On 25-Mar-2011, at 11:26, Simon Munton wrote:

>>> A demo of our platform running COM, NET, ORG, INFO, BIZ, MOBI, ARPA
>>> and various other TLDs can be found at "test.cdns.net" (v4 & v6)
>>
>> I'm curious from where you're obtaining copies of org, info, and
>> mobi.
>
> Under contract from Afilias

Obviously I can't know for certain the terms of your agreement,
however the standard zone file access agreement from PIR (for org.)
would appear to prohibit what you're doing.  Section 4(d) says that
you agree that you will:

(d) not distribute the Data you obtained under this Agreement or
any copy thereof to any other party without the express prior written
consent of PIR, except that you may redistribute the Data insofar as
it has been incorporated by you into a value-added product or
service that does not permit the extraction of a substantial portion
of the Data from the value-added product or service, provided you
prohibit the recipient of the Data from using the Data in a manner
contrary to Section 4(a)

I haven't also checked the standard agreements for info. and mobi.,
but I'm told this is a fairly standard (one might say "boilerplate")
agreement between the various gTLDs.  I'd be surprised if there
weren't similar provisions.

>> What you're serving appears to be woefully out of date.
>
> Can you be more specific?

The versions of all three zones you're serving are out by at least ten
thousand updates.