[dns-operations] iVenue and CommunityDNS.

Phil Regnauld regnauld at nsrc.org
Fri Mar 25 14:34:02 UTC 2011

Joe Provo (jzp-dnsops) writes:

> Serving data which claims to be authoritative without proper
> delegation is an error *anywhere* in the tree.

	Technically, that's what a hidden / stealth SOA does.  That's
	ok.  The difference is, no one on the public space is supposed
	to be able to query it.

	I'd reformulate: re-serving data which claims to be authoritative,
	to the public, outside of a private research scope, without permission
	of the owner of the data, is un-community like.  I'd say rude, and
	potentially disruptive.

	Cheers,
	Phil