[dns-operations] Anycast vs. unicast NS

Jaroslav Benkovský jaroslav.benkovsky at nic.cz
Thu Mar 17 16:47:38 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Speaking of anycast deployment, has anybody observed problems with
having *all* authoritative servers in anycast cloud(s)?

We are considering switching off the last non-anycasted servers for the
.CZ zone, and actual experience of other TLDs would be welcome.

We do not see significant amount of queries to the unicast servers, on
the other hand our experiments suggest that unicast servers have better
chance to be reachable from networks with problematic routing.

Cheers,
Jaroslav Benkovsky
CZ.NIC