[dns-operations] [DNSSEC] Looking for a zone verification tool

Vincent Levigneron levigner at nic.fr
Mon Mar 7 23:21:14 UTC 2011

Thank you for your help,

You were right, it's far better if you switch the 2 conditions in this test. But the real
bottleneck I found (I don't need to be clever while it's written in the the documentation :-)
is the call to ldns_zone_glue_rr_list. It takes more than 90% of the computing time for very
large zones.

I also had to modify the ldns library to accept the following kind of glues:

one.example.	NS one.example.
		NS ns1.foo.bar.
one.example.	A  1.2.3.4

Now, I can validate shorter versions of .fr zonefiles.
It's still unacceptable for the whole zone, but if we can improve glue processing, I'm
pretty sure this tool could fit our requirements.

Regards.

	Vincent.