[dns-operations] Any surveys about EDNS0 usage?

Eivind Olsen eivind at aminor.no
Mon Mar 7 22:08:27 UTC 2011

Meh, my bad, I forgot the difference between "Reply" and "Reply all". Re-sending it to the list as well, in case anyone else are interested.

Den 7. mars 2011 kl. 22.56 skrev Mark Andrews:
> Do you want capable or in use?  They are very different figures.

I know that might be very different figures. Can I ask how bad the situation is, as you see it? Are there several implementations that claim to be edns0 "capable", but written by drunk chimps so flawed beyond ... pretty much anything that's good enough to be referred to as bad?

> Adding "options edns0" to resolve.conf will enable it on most boxes
> with libresolv / libbind.

So basically, very few computers actually use edns0, since only enthusiasts will have taken the step to manually enable it. It will be a bit tricky for us (as a decently big ISP in Norway) to tell our customers to manually enable edns0.

Thanks for your reply, even if it wasn't telling me the world was perfect and everyone were already using edns0 (not your fault though).

--
Regards
Eivind Olsen
eivind at aminor.no