[dns-operations] DNSSEC report test (Was: dns-operations Digest, Vol 62, Issue 1; DNSSEC Zone Verification Tool

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Wed Mar 2 08:12:31 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 01:17:52PM -0500,
 Fred Hill <fred.hill at datamtnsol.com> wrote
 a message of 429 lines which said:

> We provide a free DNSSEC zone verification tool at the link
> below:

Quite poor, few tests and confusing output (it reports
office--enregistrement.fr as unsigned, while it is signed but
undelegated).

For the domain "fr", I get from the basic DNS test a "A Record
Retrieval for MX RRs Failed" which puzzles me: what it is talking
about?

See a detailed list of online testers at
<http://www.bortzmeyer.org/tests-dns.html>.