[dns-operations] sudden influx of com. IN A queries to the roots

Mehmet Akcin mehmet at icann.org
Wed Jun 29 08:33:00 UTC 2011

Stefan,

L-Root has been receiving what seems like a storm of A queries for a .com domain name from multiple hosts which also seems like mostly from same region/country.

L-Root operations team is closely monitoring the situation. We've also contacted with the ISPs NOC/Abuse desks informing them what's going on.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Mehmet Akcin
mehmet at icann.org
DNS Operations Manager
ICANN

Web: http://dns.icann.org
7/24 NOC: +1.424.217.1313
Mobile: +1.424.298.1903
Twitter: ICANNDNSops

PGP: 7CB1 A922 FD2A 81C4 0737  DF4B E75D DD05 B923 4274