[dns-operations] Registration service provider

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight michele at blacknight.ie
Mon Jun 27 15:32:14 UTC 2011

On 27 Jun 2011, at 15:57, Florian Weimer wrote:

> A colleague came across the following in a WHOIS reply from Tucows for a
> .COM domain:
>
> Registration Service Provider:
>         Usableweb Ltd, info at papaki.gr
>         +30.2810229000
>         +30.2810229010 (fax)
>         http://www.papaki.gr
>         This company may be contacted for domain login/passwords,
>         DNS/Nameserver changes, and general domain support questions.
>
> Is this something Tucows-specific, or is this something which should be
> included in the WHOIS data model (alongside registry, registrar,
> registrant, admin-c, tech-c, zone-c, billing-c etc.)?  Is the company
> just a reseller of registrar services?

The company is a reseller

A lot of registrars (including ourselves) have that kind of option in our WHOIS output so that users know who to contact when they have an issue with domains ..

> (Perhaps these questions are a bit off-topic.  If so, is there a better
> list to discuss such issues?)

Not sure that there is, but if there is please let me know :)

Regards

Michele

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions