[dns-operations] Root server operator contact information

Kim Davies kim.davies at icann.org
Wed Jun 22 02:40:21 UTC 2011

On Jun 22, 2011, at 4:14 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:

> Am I missing something, or is it quite difficult to find official
> contact information for the root server operators?  Perhaps IANA could
> publish a web page which lists at least email addresses.

If there are operational issues with the root, IANA staff have the ability to contact our relevant partners, whether it is VeriSign, NTIA or the root operators, to research or resolve an issue. You can always report issues to root-mgmt at iana.org for our attention.

I don't think it is common practice for zone operators to publish the contact details for all the operators of individual authoritative name servers. I wouldn't know how to directly contact the individual server operators for specific TLD authorities, for example. However maybe the root has special considerations. If there is guidance that there is a need in providing clear customer support contacts for each individual root operator I am sure it is something RSSAC can consider.

kim