[dns-operations] fewer PTRs plz (Re: reverse DNS for DHCPV6 and PD's)

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Tue Jun 21 01:21:51 UTC 2011

In message <c626f48a45e3675d0af8d0deffbd9624.squirrel at webmail.aminor.no>, "Eivi
nd Olsen" writes:
> Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
>
> > Before you jump over the cliff, I warn you: many stronger people tried
> > (to publish a RFC on PTR records) and fail. The last experiment was
> > <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-consider
> ations/>
> > (see it at
> > <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-considerations
> >)
>
> I didn't get any response, so I didn't waste any more time on this.
>
> Regards
> Eivind Olsen

No one has tried to write a I-D describing how to get CPE routers,
hosts and ISPs to work together to make reverse lookups work in the
home network for those who want them with minimal impact on ISPs
for IPv6.  i.e. how to glue all the pieces together into a workable
whole.

I would be willing to work on it.

Mark
--