[dns-operations] Signaling client protocol to authority

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Sun Jan 16 13:09:51 UTC 2011

Everyone,

This is perhaps a silly question as I have not been keeping up with the list, but I cannot find this with a few minutes of searching.  (Although RFC2671 comes up a lot, so maybe I'm just not tweaking my search parameters correctly.)

Are there any ideas or efforts for a recursive NS to signal the authoritative NS whether the client used v4 or v6 to request the record?

We already have a suggestion to signal the client IP address, signaling the protocol the client used seems even easier.  So it shouldn't be too difficult. Right?

I'll sit back and wait for people to explain how confused I am now. :)  Thanx for your time.

--
TTFN,
patrick