[dns-operations] [Dnssec-deployment] [ENUM-NL] DNSSEC trust-anchor notice for 1.3.e164.arpa.

Antoin Verschuren Antoin.Verschuren at sidn.nl
Mon Jan 10 14:59:25 UTC 2011

The key in our current zone was explicitly stated not to be used as a trust anchor yet:
https://www.enum.nl/nl/dnssec/dnssec-status-for-13e164arpa.html
That's why we don't expect users to have this configured.
This message is therefore only informational, as we promised changes to our policy to be published on the relevant mailinglists.

We tested rollovers for this zone already with this not to be trusted key.
Our first intention was to have this key to be used as a trust anchor, as the root was not ready yet.

Now that we are ready to submit our key to our parent, and the root is signed, we see no need to state our own trust anchor, so our policy changed.
Since we will also replace our signing infrastructure, and the current key is not to be trusted anyway, we decided to start with a new key altogether.

Antoin Verschuren

Technical Policy Advisor SIDN
Utrechtseweg 310, PO Box 5022, 6802 EA Arnhem, The Netherlands

P: +31 26 3525500  F: +31 26 3525505  M: +31 6 23368970
mailto:antoin.verschuren at sidn.nl  xmpp:antoin at jabber.sidn.nl  http://www.sidn.nl/