[dns-operations] opting in to stupid DNS tricks

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Mon Feb 21 11:58:12 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 11:23:42AM +0000, Jim Reid wrote:

> I wonder what these DNS tricksters are going to do if/when these
> zones deploy Secure DNS.

Why, do the same for their RRSIGs of course, I see no issue here.

> BTW, I still don't understand why CDNs are abusing the DNS to solve
> something that is actually a routing problem. What's wrong with

Because they are server folks. I'd do the same thing.

I really don't see what the problem is. If you see the DNS as a giant
coherent zone, this will hurt your sensitivities of course.

But if you see DNS as a query/response mechanism that tells you where to go,
it is great.

   Bert