[dns-operations] Who Ignores TTLs ?

Simon Lyall simon at darkmere.gen.nz
Thu Feb 17 02:01:17 UTC 2011

I keep seeing a persistent complaint that some DNS caching operators
ignore TTLs or otherwise keep records for longer than the TTL would
indicate.

I suspect this might be an urban legend since most DNS caching software
doesn't even offer this as an option last time I checked.

Does anybody actually do this? Because it keep being brought up by some
peopel as to why things like GSLB don't work.

--
Simon Lyall  |  Very Busy  |  Web: http://www.darkmere.gen.nz/
"To stay awake all night adds a day to your life" - Stilgar | eMT.