[dns-operations] Another possible .gov validation problem?

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Sun Feb 13 23:25:50 UTC 2011

In message <BB6B85FEB6A5416197668D60EB23C72D at local>, "George Barwood" writes:

> [...]

George, there were 2 different sets of queries involved.  The ones
that were answered from the pds.nasa.gov zone failed with servfail
as it was it wasn't delegated.  The query for pds.nasa.gov/DS
succeeded and returned NXDOMAIN because there wasn't a delegation
or any other information about pds.nasa.gov in the nasa.gov zone.

It isn't about favouring NXDOMAIN.  It's about favouring the answer
that can be crytograpghically proved correct.  If there was a signed
DS for pds.nasa.gov there and provably correct and no signatures
for other pds.nasa.gov queries that were returned we would reject
those as well.

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC