[dns-operations] DNSSEC deployment in Sweden

Rubens Kuhl rubens at registro.br
Thu Dec 29 20:59:05 UTC 2011

> I note that as of today, this graph show 128433 domains signed, the bulk of
> which are yours. I am not quite sure, but I think this makes you the largest
> single DNSSEC operator in the world in terms of number of zones.

Actually it's not… at this time our DNSSEC counter of zones we manage directly at Registro.br is showing 191419.

>> And also big thanks to Mats Dufberg (TeliaSonera), Jakob Schlyter
>> (Kirei), Patrik Wallström (.SE) and Marc Lampo (EURid), we could not
>> have experienced such seamless process without you.
>
> We too enjoyed the process, which will lead to a new PowerDNS release quite
> soon, based on the three changesets about, plus various other bug fixes and
> improvements.

And that is great for increasing the overall numbers of DNSSEC secured domains. We run our own DNSSEC-signer/zone manager (open-sourced at http://registro.br/dnsshim), but the next larger .br registrars run PowerDNS, and having a PowerDNS release with solid DNSSEC is key for them to start deploying DNSSEC. We hope to lose our lead on DNSSEC zones to them and have most of 2.7mi .br domains signed as soon as they deploy.

Rubens
NIC.br