[dns-operations] 127.in-addr.arpa zone

Chris Thompson cet1 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Aug 25 18:36:49 UTC 2011

On Aug 25 2011, Joe Abley wrote:

>From my little corner of the Internet, it looks like all of
>*.IN-ADDR-SERVERS.ARPA and *.IP6-SERVERS.ARPA are now generating
>appropriate responses for the v4 and v6 localhost (QNAME, QTYPE)s
>you mentioned. Thanks for the heads-up.

I still see d.in-addr-servers.arpa (both v4 and v6) being authoritative
for a (probably empty) zone 0.0.127.in-addr.arpa. That is, although they
report an NXDOMAIN for 1.0.0.127.in-addr.arpa, they give the SOA record
for that zone in the authority section rather than one for in-addr.arpa,
and they do not include RRSIGs if DO is set.

Apart from that, I can't see anything wrong now.

--
Chris Thompson               University of Cambridge Computing Service,
Email: cet1 at ucs.cam.ac.uk    New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QH,