[dns-operations] Taste of future - DSC2

Rickard Dahlstrand rickard.dahlstrand at iis.se
Wed Aug 17 12:55:11 UTC 2011

Hi Ondřej,

Have you had a look at our new tool PacketQ  https://github.com/dotse/packetq/wiki , it's really fast for processing PCAP-files offline, eats SQL-queries directly and might give you a more flexible solution for processing the traffic.

We have build a solution the runs statistics on the collected PCAPs every 5 minutes and stores them as .JSON-files. PacketQ can then process these JSON for a day, week, month or year in seconds and feed these using AJAX/JSON to a simple jQuery-GUI.

I recently recorded this screencast to show off some of the capabilities, it's available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70wJmWZE9tY

Rickard.