[dns-operations] New U.S. Senate Bill re DNS Blocking

Stefan netfortius at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 19:17:12 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Tony Finch <dot at dotat.at> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Sep 2010, Rick Jones wrote:
> >
> > I'll take a guess - 'If we have decided that the folks using a domain
> name are
> > being "naughty" (per our definition of naughty) then anyone operating a
> DNS
> > server must implement a means by which folks trying to resolve that name
> to an
> > IP address won't be able to do so.'
>
> Not "anyone": only those operators served with a court order need block
> the domain.
>
> Tony.
> --
> f.anthony.n.finch  <dot at dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
> HUMBER THAMES DOVER WIGHT PORTLAND: NORTH BACKING WEST OR NORTHWEST, 5 TO
> 7,
> DECREASING 4 OR 5, OCCASIONALLY 6 LATER IN HUMBER AND THAMES. MODERATE OR
> ROUGH. RAIN THEN FAIR. GOOD.

Somehow I am tempted to see this as one of the many steps [having?!?] to be
taken, to achieve what in layman's terms has been recently described here:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=130023318

***Stefan Mititelu
http://twitter.com/netfortius
http://www.linkedin.com/in/netfortius