[dns-operations] H root outage (UNCLASSIFIED)

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Sun Oct 3 21:49:44 UTC 2010

On 2010-10-03, at 17:43, Chris Thompson wrote:

> But the *other* remaining unicast root server (B, belonging to ISI) is,
> according to the map at http://www.root-servers.org/ , now located on
> a raft off the West African coast... :-)

B has not to date published locations on www.root-servers.org. If you see the tag in the table, the pin in the map is an interpretation of "Earth".

To my knowledge, consistent with the information in the table, D, E and H are each located in a (different) single location. Extrapolating from that to conclude that those services are provisioned using unicast involves a leap of logic, however.

Joe