[dns-operations] VirtualBox NAT breaking DNSSEC validation ?

Carlos Martinez-Cagnazzo carlosm3011 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 18:40:56 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I am building a set of virtual machines for a a DNSSEC training course I
will be teaching early next year. These VMs are right now running under
VirtualBox on a MacOSX (Snow Leopard) host.

I've noticed that if I configure the VMs network to be "bridged", DNSSEC
validation works just fine, but if I move it behind VirtualBox's NAT, I
start getting "broken trust chain" messages and most queries fail.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated!

regards

Carlos

Carlos M. Martinez-Cagnazzo
http://cagnazzo.name