[dns-operations] resolv.conf and resolving IPv6-only domains/NSes

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Thu Nov 4 02:16:07 UTC 2010

Holger:

The Debian box is not IPv6 only.

I had presumed (incorrectly) that I could list a bunch of DNS servers (IPv4
and IPv6-only) in resolv.conf and the IP stack would handle SERVFAIL
gracefully and move on to the next one.  Apparently that's not the case,
which is why your recommendation that all the servers listed in resolv.conf
be dual-stack is a good idea.

Frank