[dns-operations] resolv.conf and resolving IPv6-only domains/NSes

Frank Bulk - iName.com frnkblk at iname.com
Wed Nov 3 16:40:47 UTC 2010

Stephane:

You are correct, whether my tool requests resolution via IPv4 or IPv6 for
onlyv6.com shouldn't matter as long as the queried resolver has IPv6
connectivity.

So what I've learned is that if I want to resolve query v6-only domains,
such as onlyv6.com, I had better make sure that the first DNS server in my
resolv.conf has IPv6 connectivity.  Even better, make sure all of them do.

Frank